Bill Payments will be processed Sunday through Friday. However, payments are not taken out on a day before a federal holiday, as the Federal Reserve is not open for processing. The following dates will not have bill payments deducted from member accounts:
||December 31st, 2017
||New Year's Day
||January 14th, 2018
||Martin Luther King Jr. Day
||February 18th, 2018
||May 27th, 2018
||July 3rd, 2018
||September 2nd, 2018
|| Labor Day
||October 7th, 2018
||November 11th, 2018
||November 21st, 2018
||December 24th, 2018
Bill Pay FAQ's
1. How do I sign up?
Log on to your member account in Home Banking and click on Bill Pay on the menu bar. A window will be displayed detailing the registration process.
2. Who takes the money out of my account?
TVFCU withdraws the bill pay transaction from your share draft (checking) account.
3. When does the money come out of my account?
Bill Pay transactions are withdrawn at approximately 7:00PM, Sunday through Friday. Transactions are not processed on federal holidays.
4. What happens if I don't have enough money in my account to pay the payments I have scheduled?
If funds are not available to pay for the scheduled Bill Pay transactions, we will attempt to clear the payments the following two days (Sunday through Friday). If funds are not available on the third attempt, payments will need to be re-scheduled for a later date.
5. Am I going to be charged a monthly service fee?
TVFCU only charges a monthly service fee if a Bill Pay transaction was not processed during the prior calendar month. For example, if you have not processed a payment from April 1st- April 30th, then a $5.00 service charge will be applied in May.
6. How do I get a copy of the Bill Pay disclosure?
A copy of the disclosure can be reviewed and/or printed by clicking on the “Disclosures” link located at the bottom of TVFCU’s home page.
7. Can I use Bill Pay to make my TVFCU Master Card payment?
TVFCU prefers that you transfer funds directly to your Master Card account through Home Banking. Using Bill Pay to send a Master Card payment for your TVFCU Master Card can take 7-10 business days while transferring your payment on Home Banking will be applied the next business day.
8. Can I place a stop payment on a transaction that has already been sent?
If a bill pay transaction was processed by check, a stop payment can be processed, providing that the check has not cleared. Please contact TVFCU for assistance.
9. How do I tell if a payment was sent electronically or by check?
Under the Bill Pay menu in Home Banking, click on “Payee List.” On this page, the payment method will be displayed under the "Payment Type" column.
10. Why can a recurring payment not be scheduled on the 29th, 30th or 31st?
February has 28 days, in most years. Therefore, if a payment were scheduled to recur on the 29th, 30th or 31st, the February payment would be skipped.
11. What if my personal information changes, such as my name, street address, or email address?
Click on the Bill Pay button and then account setup. Any information can be updated in this screen.
12. Is there a minimum dollar amount for a transaction?
Yes, anything under one dollar cannot be processed. Therefore Bill Pay transactions must be for $1.00 or more.
13. What is ACH?
ACH stands for Automated Clearing House. This is the channel that is used to process payments electronically, rather than by check.